It is known that some Greek islands aren’t on the international travel radar, and that’s absolutely fine. Serifos is one of them and manages to keep its wild charm which makes it a great option for travelers looking for an authentic Greek island that hasn’t been hit by mass tourism. Serifos is one of the islands chosen by Greeks for a weekend break. Access is only possible by boat.
What you will not find in Serifos
- Fancy beaches with bars and loud music
- Sunbeds and umbrellas
- Impressive restaurants with Michelin start chefs
- Never ending parties around the island
- Traffic when driving around, except of course during August which is the case in all islands.
What you will find in Serifos
- More than 70 beaches which you can actually visit by car or foot.
- Nice family owned restaurants everywhere you go
- Beaches as nature left them, so go prepared with your umbrella
- One of the most amazing Chora (main town) up in the hill which was built once inside a Venetian fortress to protect locals from pirates
Top things to do in Serifos
- Rent a car or a bike for quick access. Keep in mind that (especially during July and August and weekends) parking in Chora may become a challenge.
- Visit Chora during sunset and stay for dinner and drinks
- Enjoy amazing hiking trails
- Visit Serifos’ churches. The most important Monastery which you can visit is the Monastery of Taxiarches close to Galani village.
In a nutshell, Serifos is one of the island you can visit and enjoy worry free vacation away from crowded beaches, restaurants and bars.