It is known that some Greek islands aren’t on the international travel radar, and that’s absolutely fine.
It is known that some Greek islands aren’t on the international travel radar, and that’s absolutely fine. Serifos is one of them and manages to keep its wild charm which makes it a great option for travelers looking for an authentic Greek island that hasn’t been hit by mass tourism. Serifos is one of the islands chosen by Greeks for a weekend break. Access is only possible by boat.
What you will find in Serifos
- More than 70 beaches which you can actually visit by car or foot.
- Nice family owned restaurants everywhere you go
- Beaches as nature left them, so go prepared with your umbrella
- One of the most amazing Chora (main town) up in the hill which was built once inside a Venetian fortress to protect locals from pirates
What you will not find in Serifos
- Fancy beaches with bars and loud music
- Sunbeds and umbrellas
- Impressive restaurants with Michelin start chefs
- Never ending parties around the island
- Traffic when driving around, except of course during August which is the case in all islands.
Top things to do in Serifos
- Rent a car or a bike for quick access. Keep in mind that (especially during July and August and weekends) parking in Chora may become a challenge.
- Visit Chora during sunset and stay for dinner and drinks
- Enjoy amazing hiking trails
- Visit Serifos’ churches. The most important Monastery which you can visit is the Monastery of Taxiarches close to Galani village.
In a nutshell, Serifos is one of the island you can visit and enjoy worry free vacation away from crowded beaches, restaurants and bars.