It has been the case for many years that Mykonos (in addition to Santorini of course) was the second island to go for anyone visiting Greece for the first time.
The last few years, after the addition of the new international airport, Paros has becoming a celebrity destination but still keeping a more sophisticated character.
Whether you decide to stay in Naousa or Parikia (also the port of Paros) you will find many accommodation options to choose from. International hotel brands have already made their first steps on the island.
Paros has one unique characteristic. It is for everyone! Here is a list with things to do while in Paros
- Visit Parikia and the Panagia Ekantotapiliani church.
- Explore Naousa village which was transformed the last years to a cosmopolitan area with fantastic restaurants and bars. Another famous attraction is the Venetian Fortress of Naoussa, which, as the name implies, was built by Venetians in the 15th century as a fortress and watchtower guarding the island from pirates
- Paros Park offers more hiking trails, as well as rock formations and caves to explore. In the summer, the park hosts concerts and shows at its outdoor amphitheater.
- If you are a water sports fan then Paros is the place to be. From water skiing to windsurf and Kite surf, Paros is a top destination for water sports lovers.
- Visit as many beaches as you can! All of them are characterized by their crystal water and relaxing atmosphere. Some beaches are organized and lined up with seaside hotels, restaurants and beach bars, while others are more
- Discover the charm and beauty of Paros’ neighbor, the island of Antiparos. A short ferry ride of 15 min takes you to this special Cycladic island. Known for its chic boutiques, fantastic beach clubs Antiparos is laidback and quaint as you can get from a Greek Island.
What is the best period to visit Paros? It really depends on what you are looking for. Mid May until end of June it is for sure less crowded but keep in mind that in the evening it gets cold. Sea temperature is also lower. From mid July until end of August all popular destinations including Paros are very busy. September has become the ideal month to be on a Greek island since the weather is still warm enough and the islands are less crowded.
If you have booked Dinner in the Sky and wish to come directly from the port please note that you might need up to 30 min by taxi to our venue. The airport is about 45 min by taxi.